ENGLISH ELECTRIC Busbodybuilders and lots more

English Electric

The English Electric Company Limited
Fate Merged with
General Electric Company plc
Successors General Electric Company plc
Spin-offs:
British Aircraft Corporation
International Computers Limited
Founded 1918
Defunct 1968
Headquarters Strand, London
Subsidiaries Napier & Son (1942–)
The Marconi Company(1948–)
Vulcan Foundry (1955–)
Robert Stephenson and Hawthorns (1955–)
English Electric Aviation (1958–)
English Electric Leo Marconi(1964–)

English Electric was a 20th-century British industrial manufacturer, initially of electric motors, and expanding to include railway locomotives and aviation, before becoming part of The General Electric Company GEC.

1918 The English Electric Company was formed as a public company, chaired by Sir Charles Ellis, who was also chairman of John Brown and Co. The company acquired: Coventry Ordnance Works and Phoenix Dynamo Manufacturing Co of Bradford.

1919 English Electric acquired Dick, Kerr and Co of Preston, which owned:

Dick, Kerr and Co‘s traction activities were concentrated in Preston and continued there until 1930.

English Electric also bought the Stafford works of Siemens Brothers Dynamo Works.

1920 10,000 employees .

1920 Working arrangement with Siemens Brothers and Co to reduce sales costs.

1921 Formalised the sales arrangement with Siemens Brothers and Co in the form of a joint venture English Electric and Siemens Supplies Ltd which had taken over the sales activities of the company and some of those activities of Siemens.

1924 Siemens Brothers and Co was a substantial shareholder in English Electric Co, as a consequence of the purchase of the dynamo works at Stafford.

1924 tram 57, one of a batch of six 70 seaters built by English Electric

1924 tram 57, one of a batch of six 70 seaters built by English Electric

1925 Had worldwide experience with the Fullagar diesel engine which the company had developed for land use and was proving to be a very reliable means of driving electricity generators

1926 EYB-EE3

1926 Some of the constituent companies, Phoenix Dynamo Manufacturing Co and Dick, Kerr and Co, had built flying boats during WWI. The aircraft department closed after the last English Electric Kingstonflying boat was built.

1927 See Aberconway for information on the company and its history.

1927 Also see Aberconway for information on the company and its history.

1927 One of the UK’s major electrical-machinery and plant manufacturers, others beings GEC, BTH,Metropolitan-Vickers, and C. A. Parsons and Co .

Late 1920s EE was in a parlous financial state. A complex financial reorganisation, apparently backed by American Westinghouse interests, was needed to save it.

1930 The manufacture of electrical equipment was moved to Bradford. Tramcar, bus body, and rolling stock production stayed at Preston.

1930 The man most associated with EE, George Nelson, became managing director.

1930s EE supplied equipment for the electrification of the English Southern Railway system, which gave it a strong position in the traction market.

1931 AEC Regal built with English Electric

1931 AEC Regal built with English Electric1931 AEC Regal with single deck English Electric 30 seat body

1931 AEC Regal with single deck English Electric 30 seat body

1931 AEC Regal-English Electric single deckers 203 (front, JN823) and 204 (back, JN824) thss203d

1931-aec-regal-english-electric-single-deckers-203-front

1931 AEC Regals 204, JN824 with English Electric body

1931-aec-regals-with-english-electric-b30d-body

1931 Daimler with English Electric B30D body ss203a

1931-daimler-with-english-electric-b30d-body-ss203

1931 v151-p294 1931 Veteran Southend AEC Regal 203, JN823 English Electric body

1931-veteran-southend-aec-regal-203-jn823-english-electric-body

1933 EnV156-p626 1933.Double Deck Trolley Bus AEC and E. E. C.

1934. Tram Blackpool 249. Exhibit at Crich Tramway Museum.

1934. Tram Blackpool 249. Exhibit at Crich Tramway Museum.

1935 AEC 661T with English Electric H26-24R body

1935-aec-661t-with-english-electric-h26-24r-body

1935 Leyland TD4 as 115 with an English Electric H26-24R body

1935-leyland-td4-as-115-with-an-english-electric-h26-24r-body

1935 Leyland TD4 as 117 with an English Electric H26-24R body.

1935-leyland-td4-as-117-with-an-english-electric-h26-24r-body

1935 Leyland TD4 with an English Electric O26-24R body

1935-leyland-td4-with-an-english-electric-o26-24r-body

1935 Leyland TD4 with English Electric body

1935-leyland-td4-with-english-electric-body.

1935 Leyland TS7 with English Electric C31F body

1935-leyland-ts7-with-english-electric-c31f-body

1935-vintage English Electric-bodied Leyland TD4

1935-vintage-english-electric-bodied-leyland-td4

1935-vintage English Electric-bodied Leyland TD4a

1935-vintage-english-electric-bodied-leyland-td4

1936 Leyland Tiger TS7 with English Electric B35C

1936-leyland-tiger-ts7-with-english-electric-b35c

1936 Leyland TS7 with an English Electric C32F body.

1936-leyland-ts7-with-an-english-electric-c32f-body

1936 Leyland TS7 with English Electric body

1936-leyland-ts7-with-english-electric-body

1936 Samuel Ledgard CUG841 seen here at Yeadon is a Leyland TS7 with an English Electric C32F body

1936-samuel-ledgard-cug841-seen-here-at-yeadon-is-a-leyland-ts7-with-an-english-electric-c32f-body

1937 British Industries Fair Advert for domestic electrical goods; fuse gear and fuse fittings. Electric Cookers, fires, Water Heaters, Washing Machines, Iron, F.H.P. Motors. High Rupturing Capacity Industrial Fuse Gear. Distribution Boards, Fuse Switchgear, Overhead Busbar System. sub-station Fuse Gear. Rural Distribution Fuse Fittings. Cartridge Fuses. (Electricity: Industrial and Domestic Section – Stand No. Cb.609)

1937 AEC Regents with English Electric L27-26R body

1937-aec-regents-with-english-electric-l27-26r-body

1938 SOS SON with English Electric B38F body

1938-sos-son-with-english-electric-b38f-body.

1938 SOS SON f with English Electric B38F body

1938-sos-son-f-with-english-electric-b38f-body.

1938 Leyland TD6c which with an M.C.C.W. H28-24R body

1938-leyland-td6c-which-with-an-m-c-c-w-h28-24r-body

1938 EnV165-p114 1937 Leyland TS8 with English Electric B35C body

1937-leyland-ts8-with-english-electric-b35c-body

1937 English Electric B35C bodied Leyland TS7

1937-english-electric-b35c-bodied-leyland-ts7

1937 AEC-English Electric double decker

1937-aec-english-electric-double-decker.

1939 Thornes, Bubwith operated this ex-Northern General SE4, CPT921 with English Electric B40F body

1939 Thornes, Bubwith operated this ex-Northern General SE4, CPT921 with English Electric B40F body

1939 Acquired Samlesbury Aerodrome in Lancashire and starts construction of the Handley Page Hampden and Handley Page Halifax.

1940 Daimler COG5 - English Electric H28-26R

1940 Daimler COG5 – English Electric H28-26R1940 Daimler COG5 with English Electric H28-26R body

1940 Daimler COG5 with English Electric H28-26R body

1940 Leyland TB5 - English Electric H28-26R

1940 Leyland TB5 – English Electric H28-26R

WWII: development in the Guided Missiles Division at Luton on analog computers, based on thermionic valve technology and intended for military applications. The machine resulting from this development was code-named the Luton Analogue Computing Engine (LACE).

1942 The company took over Napier and Son, an aero-engine company, and this helped establish the company’s aircraft division. Company factories were converted to build the Handley Page Halifax heavy bomber.

1944 Producing 180 bhp engines for rail cars at the old Willans Works at Rugby.

1945 and after: EE invested heavily in aircraft design. W. E. W. Petter, the chief designer at Westland moved to English Electric to set up the new aircraft division, leading to major successes in the 1950s with the English Electric Lightning interceptor aircraft and the Canberra tactical bomber, which was still flying in 2005 in reconnaissance and other roles with many air forces, including the Royal Air Force.

1946 English Electric Co acquired the holding of Cable and Wireless in Marconi’s Wireless Telegraph Co. This reflected an intention to diversify the business from heavy electrical engineering to (what was seen as) the new field of electronics. As well as the whole of the share capital in Marconi’s Wireless Telegraph Co, this also gave EE 42% of Marconi International Marine Co and the entirety of Marconi Instruments Ltd. Established English Electric Valve Co to hold the ex-Marconi valve business.

1949 the National Physical Laboratory chose the English Electric Co as industrial partner in computer development, following its Automatic Computing Engine (ACE) project; industry was seen to be needed to improve reliability and performance of the machine. The new computer was called the Digital Electronic Universal Computing Engine (DEUCE).

1952 The Nelson Industrial Estate at Kidsgrove, Staffordshire was begun with construction of a building for electrical engineering on West Avenue which was the “main works” of English Electric

1953 Manufacturer of TV sets

1954 Production of the LACE computer was transferred to Kidsgrove but cut short by the increasing competition of digital computers.

1955 the first version of DEUCE was released, built at Kidsgrove.

1955 EE took over the Vulcan Foundry and Robert Stephenson and Hawthorns, both with substantial railway engineering pedigrees. EE also made steam turbines.

1955 Four industrial groups formed to exploit the information being made available by UKAEA on design of nuclear power “furnaces” – Industrial Atomic Energy Group involving AEI and John Thompson with electrical generating expertise from Metropolitan-Vickers and BTH; English Electric Co and Babcock and Wilcox; C. A. Parsons and Co and Head, Wrightson and Co; GEC and Simon-Carves Ltd.

1958 EE’s aviation business was set up separately, as English Electric Aviation Ltd.

1958 Establishment of a joint company with Automatic Telephone and Electric Co and Ericsson Telephones to develop and manufacture transistors in greater quantities called Associated Transistors.

1960 EE tried to take over one of the other major British electrical companies, GEC.

1960 Rights issue, to fund developments in electric power, EE’s share in the purchase of Hunting Aircraft and establishment of Associated Transistors; English Electric Valve Co‘s interests in transistors had been merged into that company also.

Early 1960s Under government pressure EE rationalised its aircraft division, which later became part of the new British Aircraft Corporation (BAC), English Electric having a 40% stake in BAC.

1961 Group with 22 subsidiaries. Employed 84,200 persons in the group

1961 English Electric Co acquired W. H. Dorman and Co.

1962 New wholly-owned subsidiary formed: English Electric Traction to bring all railway related activities under one management. These included The Vulcan Foundry, Robert Stephenson and Hawthorns and W. G. Bagnall.

1962 The Luton factory was closed; computer production was relocated to Stevenage, later to become part of ICL.

1963 New wholly-owned subsidiary formed: English Electric Diesel Engines to bring under central control all of its interests in diesel engines, including those in W. G. Bagnall and the Deltic division of D. Napier and Son .

1963 English Electric’s guided weapons division was taken over by BAC.

1963 LEO Computers was merged into a joint venture with English Electric which was named theEnglish Electric LEO Co.

1964 English Electric LEO Co became a wholly owned subsidiary of the English Electric Co. English Electric’s Marconi computer operations were merged with it, forming English Electric Leo Marconi.

1964 English Electric wash machine 1964 IMG 9474

1964 English Electric wash machine

1966 Acquired Ruston and Hornsby and Davey, Paxman and Co to become part of English Electric Diesel Engines Ltd

1966/7 Acquired J. G. Statter and Co, a small company involved in transformers and switchgear.

1967 English Electric took over transformer and switchgear company Combined Electrical Manufacturers Ltd, at the same time as AEI was also acquiring a company involved in transformers.

1967 Supplied the turbine generators for Retford power station.

1967 in the first deal arranged by the Industrial Reorganization Corporation, English Electric Co took over Elliott Automation to form the leading European group in computing and process control.

1967-1968 Failed bid for EE by Plessey Co.

1968 Details of their Mechanical Engineering Laboratory at Whetstone.

1968 Announce agreement to develop hydraulic turbo-machinery.

1968 English Electric Leo Marconi was merged with International Computers and Tabulators (ICT) and others to form International Computers Limited (ICL).

1968 English Electric Diesel Engines Ltd was renamed English Electric Diesels Ltd, which includedDavey, Paxman and Co, Dorman (Stafford), Napier, Kelvin (Glasgow), and English Electric.

1968 GEC took over English Electric Co

1968 One of the 2 new companies formed to design and build nuclear power stations was namedBalfour English Electric Nuclear

1969 Balfour English Electric Nuclear was renamed British Nuclear Design and Construction.

 Royal Air Force 1939-1945- Bomber Command C1180Royal Air Force 1939-1945- Bomber Command C1180
 Two Hampden bombers 9 April 1940

 Napier Deltic EngineNapier Deltic engine, cut away for display

 De Havilland Vampire T11 (DH-115) Point Cook Vabre

de Havilland Vampire T11

 Railways

EKD EN80 (5)

 Preserved 1927 EN80 English Electric tram, the last example of a fleet of 20 once used by the Warsaw Commuter Railway
Canberra.pr9.takeoff.arp
Canberra.pr9.takeoff.arp

English Electric Canberra PR.9 of the RAF, 2006

Lightning.xm215.arp.750pix

lightning-xm215-arp

English Electric Lightning F6, UK - Air Force AN1564287 Lightning arrowLightning diamondEnglish Electric Lightning formation Ysterplaat Airshow-2006-09-231930 London Post Office Railway 1930 Stock1930 London Post Office Railway Stock

1964 English Electric wash machine 1964 IMG 9474

1964 English Electric wash machine

Lightning.inflight.arp.750pix

Lightning.inflight

 British Rail Class 83 E3035 on display at Doncaster Works open day on 27 July 2003.
50035 'Ark Royal' at Doncaster Works
 British Rail Class 50 50035 Ark Royal at Doncaster Works on 27 July 2003.
NZR EO class locomotive 03
Tgr za bell bay
Tasmanian Government Railways Za class locomotive at Bell Bay  in February 1978
1986 C1702 Busselton, 1986
There is so much more, but to much for this blog.
I Finish
#####
###

NAG Neue Automobil Gesellschaft 1901-1934 Berlin Germany

Neue Automobil Gesellschaft

1902 NAG Kleingenberg1902 NAG Kleingenberg

Neue Automobil-Gesellschaft AG
Industry Automotive
Fate Merged with Büssing AG
Founded 1901
Defunct 1934
Headquarters BerlinGermany
Key people Emil Rathenau, founder
Products Automobiles Buses and Trucks
NAG building by Peter Behrens in Berlin-Oberschöneweide 11

1901 NAG building by Peter Behrens in Berlin-Oberschöneweide 11
1906 NAG
1906 NAG Bus

Neue Automobil-Gesellschaft (NAG) was a German automobile manufacturer in Berlin. In 1915 it was renamed Nationale Automobil-Gesellschaft (NAG).

1907 NAG1907 NAG

In 1902, German electrical company AEG purchased the coachbuilding side of Kühlstein under engineer Joseph Vollmer, renaming it NAG. The company’s first two cars were reliable, if unoriginal: the two-cylinder Typ A and 5.2 liter (317ci) four-cylinder Typ B, both with chain drive, which resembled contemporary Mercédès. Shortly, an enlarged Typ B2, with 40/45hp (30kW) 7.9-liter (482ci) four, appeared. In 1907, one of these was given to the Empress Auguste Viktoria.

1908 NAG carNAG car from 1908

The next year, AEG got out of the car business, but NAG continued alone, introducing a 15 hp (11 kW) 1502 cc (91.7ci) four called Puck, with a remarkable (for the period) ability to rev to 3000 rpm, which may have contributed to its ability to win the Gothenburg Cup at the Swedish Winter Trials in 1912, 1913, and 1914. This sporting reputation was balanced by “aggressively ugly Prince Henry-type bodies”.

1908 NAG Car 1

1908 NAG Car

The Puck would later be developed into a model known in Germany as the Darling. From 1911 to 1914, NAG’s standard offering was an 8495 cc (518ci) 60 hp (44.7 kW), joined in 1912-14 by a 1502 cc (91.7ci) 10/12 hp (7.5 kW) K2, 2085 cc (127ci) 14/20 hp (10 kW) K4, 3308 cc (202ci) 20/25 hp (15 kW) K5, and a 5193 cc (317ci) 25/35 hp (19 kW).

1908 Werbung für Protos-Wagen im Jahre 1908

1908 Werbung für Protos-Wagen im Jahre 1908

During the recovery after World War I, NAG produced smaller numbers of 2.5-liter (153ci) C4s, essentially prewar K4s with new vee radiatorsreplacing the prewar oval ones.

1909 neue-automobil-gesellschaft-c4-automobile-models-photo-u11909 neue-automobil-gesellschaft-c4-automobile-models-photo-u1

The economic situation was so serious, NAG partnered with Brennabor, Lloyd, and Hansa to form GDA (what in the U.S would be called a trust), to prevent competition from destroying them all. It proved successful for NAG, which prospered, enough to build the C4b sports variant, designed by chief engineer Christian Riecken (a Minerva racing driver prewar).

1910 NAG1910 NAG

Riecken ran a C4b at the newly opened AVUS in 1922, winning at 84.3 mph (135.7 km/h), which was greater than the C4’s top speed. It sacrificed nothing to reliability, as NAG went on to place well at the 1923 All-Russian Trials and the ADAC Reich Trials for 1923-26. In 1924, NAG hit its apex at Monza, where Riecken and Hans Berthold won the Gran Premio della Norte in a C4b, covering 1656 mi (2665 km) in 24 hours, an average of 68.99 mph (111.02 km/h), for which the model was renamed Monza.

1910 neue-automobil-gesellschaft-protos-automobile-models-photo-u11910 neue-automobil-gesellschaft-protos-automobile-models-photo-u1

In 1926, Protos (which had built the winner of the New York-Paris race) was acquired from Siemens-Schuckert, leading to “a series of dull six-cyliner cars”. The next year, NAG again expanded, taking over Presto, which had just bought Dux, continuing to build the 2.6-liter Typ F and 3-liter Typ G. The difficulty was, despite their quality, none of these were distinctly different from other German cars of the period.

1913 NAG auto-omnibusdienst Klundert-Zevenbergen-Noord Brabant.1913 NAG auto-omnibusdienst Klundert-Zevenbergen-Noord Brabant.

In response, NAG created a disastrous straight-eight (abandoned due to crankshaft whip), which was never built, then hired former Impéria and Steigerman Paul Henze, “one of Germany’s most gifted car designers”, in an effort to remedy this situation with a new top-line car. Henze settled on a 4540 cc (277ci) V8, Germany’s first to enter production which became “one of the outstanding German luxury cars of 1931, the NAG 212.”

1913 NAG Rennwagen Ad1913 NAG Rennwagen Ad

Rather than rely on conventional shaft drive, however, NAG chose to attempt to fit a Voran FWD system (designed by Richard Bussien) to a backbone chassis with independent suspension, which proved too ambitious, and the development costs disastrous.

1913 NAG1913 NAG

In 1934, NAG ceased car production, while NAG-Büssing commercial vehicles continued to be produced for a few more years.

SAMSUNG DIGITAL CAMERA

1913 NAG-Rennsportwagen 17

1913-NAG rennsportwagen-11

1913 NAG-Rennsportwagen 17

During the Second World War, the company produced the Sd Kfz 231Sd Kfz 232Sd Kfz 233, and Sd Kfz 234 series armoured cars.

1914 DUX NAG AO71914 DUX NAG AO7

1914 NAG Tulip Tourer1914 NAG-typ-c4-monza-12

1914 NAG-Lkw (Bj. 1913, 45 PS) in Berlin während der Mobilmachung

1914 NAG

1922 NAG-typ-c4-monza-121922 NAG-typ-c4-monza-12

1923 NAG Typ C 4 b 10-24 PS

1924 138 nag 218 219

1925 N.A.G. Decksitzbus in Berlin 1925 N.A.G. KO 9 in Berlin 1925 NAG Doppeldecker 4cyl 7690cc 1925 NAG KO 9-1 1925 NAG 1925 NAG-Büssing-ABOAG 1925 Wagen1925 1926 NAG Imparator van de ZLAD 1926 NAG KL8 1926 NAG 1927 NAG proto 14 70ps 1928 NAG 2 9036cc 1928 NAG D 2 6990cc 6cyl Maybach 1928 NAG Doppeldecker NAG Z 120 4 cyl 1928 nag protos 12 60ps typ 6p 4door sedan 1928 nag-protos-12-d6p-bauj1928-67765 1929 DUX NAG Z 4 3180 cc a 1929 DUX NAG Z 4 3180 cc 1929 NAG Protos 204 1930 Nag Büssing Imperator-Carr DAB Silkeborg- Chevrolet 6 cyl Denmark 1930 a 1930 Nag Büssing Imperator-Carr DAB Silkeborg- Chevrolet 6 cyl Denmark 1930 NAG Protos Typ 14 1930 NAG-typ-14-70ps-15 1930-31 NAG Protos 208(Tochter der AEG), Berlin-Oberschoeneweide 6 Zylinder Reihenmotor, 200 kg 1936 Büssing-NAG 650T 1938 BÜSSING NAG emblem Berlin 2004 NAG Büssing NAG 0140weitze bussing nag secottbus3 Bussing-Nag L4500S Büssing-NAG Typ 900 N Omnibus Dux Presto Emblem NAG Hundert Jahre Automobil N.A.G. Darling NAG + NAG 22 NAG a NAG ad Russia NAG ad NAG AEG pairoa NAG auto ad NAG auto NAG automobil vintage emblem NAG Berlin emblem NAG Berlin vintage oldtimer emblem NAG building by Peter Behrens in Berlin-Oberschöneweide 11 NAG Büssing Imperator Wijngaard vd 4 L-21050 2e carr v Rooyen 35 NAG Catalogue NAG coleur + NAG coleur NAG E3 achter de personenauto NAG E3 NAG emaille NAG Frankfurt NAG Gesellshaft NAG Kopie NAG plaquette NAG PRESTO NAG sportwagen nag_protos_emblem_2 nag_rennsportwagen_1913_1 NAG-Presto Motorfahrräder werbung sportmodell 210 2 NAG-Presto-Logo-brandtreeIntro- Nationale Automobil-Gesellschaft Presto Modell der NAG Presto-Werke Chemnitz RTEmagicC Brennabor DAG.I. Train automobile

Elektric Equipment for (trolley)Buses + Trams Vossloh KIEPE GmbH Düsseldorf Germany

Vossloh Kiepe

logo

Vossloh Kiepe GmbH

before 2003
Kiepe Elektrik GmbH

Type Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung(German private limited Company)
Industry Electrical engineering
Predecessor(s) Kiepe Elektrik GmbH & Co. KG
Founded 1906
Founder(s) Theodor Kiepe
Headquarters DüsseldorfGermany
Products Electrical traction equipment for passenger and freight rail vehicles
HVAC eqiuipment for light rail vehicles.
Revenue Approx. €140 million p.a.
Employees 450
Parent Vossloh AG
Website www.vossloh-kiepe.com

Vossloh Kiepe (formerly Kiepe Elektrik) is a German manufacturer of electrical traction equipment for tramstrolleybuses and other transport vehicles, as well as air-conditioning and heating systems, and conveyor device components.

Verkehrsmuseum BüssingLudewigKiepe O-Bus 01052009

Verkehrsmuseum BüssingLudewigKiepe O-Bus 01052009

 History

but buses tasmania mtt043 kiepe elektricbut buses tasmania mtt043 kiepe elektric

In 1906 Theodor Kiepe created an electric arc lamp repair workshop in Düsseldorf, over the next 40 years the company’s product range grew to include electrical switches, then electrical drum controllers and resistors for electric vehicles. By 1951 the product range included electro-pneumatic contactors, and traction motors; in 1952 the company supplied equipment for an order of 700 trolleybuses for Argentina.

1986-hess-kiepe-valparaiso-814-chile1986-hess-kiepe-valparaiso-814-chile

Between the 1950s and 1970s Kiepe Elektrik expanded, with formation of subsidiaries both in Austria (Kiepe Bahn und Kran Electric Ges.m.b.H., 1959.), and elsewhere. In 1973 the company was acquired by ACEC of Belgium. In 1983 the company was acquired from ACEC by Alstom, then by AEG in 1993. During this time Kiepe had become a provider of electrical traction equipment for light rail vehicles.

1974 DAF MB200DKDL600-Kiepe - Den Oudsten1974 DAF MB200DKDL600-Kiepe – Den Oudsten NL

In 1995 AEG formed Adtranz with ABB by merging their transportation divisions. As this created a duopoly of electric traction equipment manufacturers in Germany, the European Commission ruled that the Kiepe subsidiary had to be sold; in 1996 Schaltbau AG acquired the company. In the early 2000s the company expanded into the North American and Italian markets.

King County Metro 2001 Gillig Phantom Trolleys Kiepe elektricKing County Metro 2001 Gillig Phantom Trolleys Kiepe elektric

On 14 September 2002 Vossloh AG acquired Kiepe Elektrik, and in 2003 the company was renamed Vossloh Kiepe GmbH..

In mid-2012 UK based engineering consultancy Transys Projects Ltd. was acquired, the acquisition was renamed Vossloh Kiepe UK in late 2012.

1991 KIEPE ELEKTRIK Trolley Arnhem(238-3'91)1991 KIEPE ELEKTRIK Trolley Arnhem(238-3’91) NL

In late 2013 the company, Serbian company Zelvoz and the city of Novi Sad reached an agreement for the establishment of a rail vehicle air conditioning unit factory.

Company structure

Since 2002 the company has been part of the Vossloh group, as of 2009 part of the transportation division (Motive Power & Components) along with Vossloh Locomotives (Kiel, formerly MaK) and Vossloh España (formerly Meinfesa).

2010 HESS (AKIA) hybrid metro busses in state of assembly Iran. 2010 HESS KIEPE bus trains2010 HESS (AKIA) hybrid metro busses in state of assembly Iran. 2010 HESS KIEPE bus trains

The company has five subsidiaries:

  • Vossloh Kiepe Main Line Technology GmbH (Germany)

  • Vossloh Kiepe Ges.m.b.H. (Austria)

  • APS electronic AG (Switzerland)

  • Vossloh Kiepe S.r.l. (Italy)

  • Vossloh Kiepe Corporation (Canada)

Products and services

2012 Hess Swisstrolley Arnhem NAW-Hess-ABB BGT-N (type 1), BGT-N2 (type 2), Hess Vossloh Kiepe BGT-N2C (02268) (type 32012 Hess Swisstrolley Arnhem NAW-Hess-ABB BGT-N (type 1), BGT-N2 (type 2), Hess Vossloh Kiepe BGT-N2C (02268) (type 3)

The company’s primary business is the supply and manufacture of electric equipment for rail vehicles, typically trams or LRVs (light rail vehicles); the company provides electrical traction converters, auxiliary power supplies, air conditioning and heating equipment. Entire trams and LRVs are typically supplied in association with other manufacturers. Also supplied are specialised electric rail vehicles, and equipment for the modernisation of older electrically powered mass transit vehicles. and traction equipment for trolley buses and hybrid electric buses.

APTS PHILEAS HYBRID VDLVossloh KiepeAPTS PHILEAS HYBRID VDLVossloh Kiepe

The company often acts as a component supplier to larger integrated rail vehicle manufactures including Siemens, Alstom and Bombardier.

Arnhem Trolley Kiepe Den OudstenArnhem Trolley Kiepe Den Oudsten

Components for conveyor belts are also made.

Geneva receives new battery buses from Vossloh Kiepe and Van HoolGeneva receives new battery buses from Vossloh Kiepe and Van Hool

Vossloh to supply bi-mode tram-trains to ChemnitzVossloh to supply bi-mode tram-trains to Chemnitz

Vossloh Kiepe, the Düsseldorf specialist in this field. Riad Trolleybus RIAD SAUDI ARABIEVossloh Kiepe, the Düsseldorf specialist in this field. Riad Trolleybus RIAD SAUDI ARABIE

-Vossloh Kiepe’s hybrid-propelled bus approaches a stop or traffic lights

Vossloh Kiepe Hybris a ProduktabbildungVossloh Kiepe Hybris a Produktabbildung

Vossloh Kiepe Hybrid ProduktabbildungVossloh Kiepe Hybrid Produktabbildung

Kiepe Elektric Trolley BusKiepe Elektric Trolley Bus

Vossloh Kiepe Hess Neoplan Fribourg ProduktabbildungVossloh Kiepe Hess Neoplan Fribourg Produktabbildung

Innotrans '12 - Vossloh Tramlink by ZCochraneInnotrans ’12 – Vossloh Tramlink by ZCochrane

Vossloh Kiepe Hybrid b ProduktabbildungVossloh Kiepe Hybrid b Produktabbildung

KIEPE HESS TrolleybusKIEPE HESS Trolleybus

Praque Light Rail Kiepe ElektricPraque Light Rail Kiepe Elektric

RIAD METRORIAD METRO

Hess KiepeHess Kiepe

kiepe trollybuskiepe trollybus

Krakau bestellt 24 Flexity-Straßenbahnen Kiepe Elektric

Bombardier-Partner-CSR-Kiepe-Puzhen-Presents-First-Low-Floor-Tram-for-ChinaBombardier-Partner-CSR-Kiepe-Puzhen-Presents-First-Low-Floor-Tram-for-China

Manchester Metrolink in the UK is planning to order 20 new trams from Bombardier and Vossloh KiepeManchester Metrolink in the UK is planning to order 20 new trams from Bombardier and Vossloh Kiepe UK

Bombardier - FLEXITY Classic Kiepe elektricBombardier Flexity Line Kiepe Elektric Germany

Light Rail Transit System - Porto, Portugal Bombardier KiepeLight Rail Transit System – Porto, Portugal Bombardier Kiepe

Phileas trolley KiepePhileas trolley Kiepe

Alstom Citadis Kiepe Spirit SquareAlstom Citadis Kiepe Spirit Square

There ‘s more but I think it’s enouph