Peugeot logo since 2010
|Creation||2 April 1896|
|Key Dates||1976 : acquisition of Citroën to Michelin|
|Key people||Peugeot family|
Peugeot is one automaker French. The family business that precedes the current company Peugeot was founded in 1810. The company, which originally produced the mills table, is directed in part to the car and produced in 1891 the first automobile becoming one of the leading automobile companies of the story. Following family discord, Armand Peugeot founded in 1896 the “Company auto Peugeot”, which became a leading brand in the popularity of the car “Roaring Twenties”.
Logo Peugeot 1958
Today, kitchen utensils such as mills are manufactured by Peugeot PSP.
1889 Peugeot 401
Peugeot vehicles produced mainly automobiles for private and commercial as well as two-wheelers . In 2009, the company sales totaled nearly 1.52 million motor vehicles in the world, with 1.12 million in Europe. Through its Department Peugeot Sport, Peugeot has also been engaged in motorsport and in particular endurance until 2011.
The Peugeot family business into the industrial era at the beginning of xix th century under the leadership of Emperor Napoleon I er who needed to clothe the soldiers of his Grande Armée. These millers home then become transformers cotton to Hérimoncourt in Montbéliard in Franche-Comté.
In 1810, John Frederick II and Jean-Pierre Peugeot engage in the steel mill and turn the place called Sub-Cratet foundry steel one and then embark on the rolling cold to provide the watch industry in springs.
In 1841, the son of Jean-Frédéric combine four English originating in Lancaster settled in the region of Saint-Étienne , the Jackson brothers , to create the “Peugeot seniors and Jackson brothers” branch. At Pont-de-Roide , manufactures springs, band saws , the tools , the buscs of corsets and whales umbrellas.
In 1851, after the revolution of 1848 that caused a serious economic crisis , the firm run by the son of Jean-Pierre II , who succeeded their father, becomes the “Establishments Peugeot Frères” and expanding its manufacturing. These include frames of steel for crinolines, fashion accessories launched by the Empress Eugenie . Thereafter, Eugène and Armand Peugeot , the son of Jules and Emile, take the head of the company whose “business is going well in this prosperous era of the Second Empire“ and embark from 1886 in production of bicycles and then motorcycles in 1899.
Visionary, Armand Peugeot has decided to manufacture automobiles. After build 1889 a tricycle to steam driven boiler designed by Léon Serpollet , he noted that only the petrol engine allows to build a reliable and lightweight car. At the same time, Emile Levassor seeking customers for its licensed engines Daimler offers auto manufacturing Armand Peugeot follows. In January 1891, Peugeot produces and markets one of the first cars “horseless” Mr. Vurpillod becoming the same year the first purchaser of a Peugeot car. After this vis-à-vis, follow the type 2 and type 3. Developing power 8 hp , they reach a speed of about 15 km / h .
1891 Adventure Peugeot
In “Sons of Peugeot Frères”, contrary to Armand, Eugene Peugeot is hostile to the car so that the two cousins clash and eventually separated. Eugene continues alone fabrications excluding cars and Armand founded the “Society of Motor Peugeot” which install in part to Lille, the city where are deposited the statutes of the company on April 2, 1896 at the Trade and Companies Register. The main factory established in 1897 is situated in the Doubs to Audincourt. At the end of the xix th century, joins Lille-Fives workshop to be an important industrial tool group, especially for the manufacture of gasoline engines and Diesel Indenor its closure in the early 1980s.
1896 Peugeot Adventure
When Peugeot will try to implement the United States in 1960 , it will focus its advertising on the fact that the older vehicle in running condition in this country is a Peugeot 1898. It will be the full page with the slogan ” Call me Indestructible “(” Call me the indestructible “). The Peugeot 404 does not appear that there thumbnail footer.
1897 Adventure Peugeot
The xx th century
1901 – 1945
1905 Adventure Peugeot Continues
1906 Peugeot DD Bus
The Peugeot 201 allowed to overcome the crisis of the 1930s.
In 1905, the children of Eugene Peugeot who took over the helm of the company after his death, authorized by Armand Peugeot produce automotive (under the name Lion-Peugeot ) in return for financial compensation. The latter being excessive, the two entities finally merged in 1910 to become the “Anonymous Society of Motor cycles and Peugeot”. He was born a particularly impressive company in the automotive industry, taking advantage of four plants located in Audincourt , Beaulieu , Lille and Valentigney .
In 1912, the factory Sochaux is first opened to facilitate the manufacture of trucks. The same year, the brand built its body in the new workshop Mandeure. Before the First World War, Peugeot built nearly 10,000 cars, or half of the French production.
At the end of the First World War Peugeot undergoes further competition during the creation of Citroën, a new car manufacturer is investing heavily and became the 1 st French manufacturer Peugeot front and Renault .
Nevertheless, Peugeot through the 1930s – years marked by the crash of 1929 – without tripping, the success of the Peugeot 201 enabling it to overcome the effects of the crisis and to acquire an image of largest automaker. If mass production appeared timidly 1924, 201 is the first Peugeot manufactured this way.
Then emerge the 402, 302 and 202, automobiles marked by the advent of aerodynamic considerations and a new stylistic trend: the Streamline Modern. Outpaced Renault in 1937, Peugeot is in 1939 the second French manufacturer with 25% market share in France.
As with most manufacturers, the following years were devoted to the war effort. During the German occupation, Peugeot provides the German army first ambulances and trucks, then from 1941 skid tanks and aircraft engines for Adler Werke AG and BMW, and sees 1943 imposing making an element of V1; and 90% of its production was destined for Germany.
1945 – 2000
Hangovers of WWII compel Peugeot to start a “single model” policy, first with the 203 and the 403, the first French car Diesel Series. The unique pattern is present in the range until 1965, saw the launch of the first front-wheel drive of the brand, the year 204 .
A year later, a cooperation agreement was signed with Renault will expand to Volvo in November 1971 to produce the PRV engine of 604. Mid-1966, the holding company Peugeot SA groups into a single entity all activities Peugeot.
In 1970, Peugeot is the second French automaker (behind Renault) with more than 500,000 cars produced per year. Established in many industrial sites in France and worldwide, the brand is strongly associated with the town of Sochaux where its biggest industrial site that includes the activities ofresearch and development and to manufacture automotive series. The Sochaux plant remained, even in the 1960s, the only terminal unit automobile production of the brand, before the construction of site-Sausheim Mulhouse in Alsace began operations in 1962 to make parts of gearbox, which produced its first car in 1971.
In 1980, Jean Boillot became president instead long occupied by François Gautier and renews the brand with the 205, the Turbo version is 16 Champion Rally (see below Peugeot competition), followed by 405, 605, 106 and 306 .
The XXI th century
Since the late 1990s, the 206, champion rally, is a tremendous commercial success alongside the 307. The brand is now on new niches where it was absent, those carriers (806), the leisure activity vehicle (Partner) for SUV (4008), the crossovers (3008) and the compact MPV (5008).
On 20 June 2008, the 50 millionth Peugeot output assembly lines Sochaux. It is a SW 308 with a body was decorated with photographs of the site’s employees with their Peugeot in the important moments of their lives. After the usual ceremonies, the car goes directly to the Peugeot Adventure Museum to inaugurate the festivities of the 20 th anniversary of the opening of the museum.
After the brief passage of Jerome Gallix , Gilles Vidal succeeds Gérard Welter to the direction of Peugeot style in 2010, under the direction of Jean-Pierre Ploué who revived the style of Citroën and now heads the group.
Visual identity: The Lion, (logo)
In 1847, the Peugeot brothers involve Justin Blazer, goldsmith and engraver from Montbéliard, and asked him to symbolize their business to draw a lion which was filed as logo on November 20, 1858 to Registrar by Émile Peugeot. The impression of the brand was inspired by the lion Comté coat walking on an arrow symbol and originally the three qualities blades saws Peugeot “cutting speed, flexibility and hardness of the teeth of the blade. ” This renowned steel quality will continue over the years.
It was not until 1948 and the Peugeot 203 to disappear arrow underneath. The lion heraldry appeared on the 203. It recovers on its hind legs to adopt the familiar posture of heraldic lion arms of Franche-Comté, birthplace of the company. He will undergo eight successive changes to the current version dating from 2010.
The crest of the Franche-Comté
- iOn (end 2010 -), small city electric engine Mitsubishi .
- 108 (June 2014 -), small city of PSA – Toyota .
- 208 (March 2012 -) City versatile.
- 301 (May 2012 -) sedan compact .
- 307 ( in 2001 -) sedan compact sold in China.
- 308 II (September 2013 -) sedan compact .
- RCZ (Early 2010 -), compact coupe.
- 408 (January 2010 -) sedan family , sold in Asia, Russia and South America.
- 408 II (April 2014 -) sedan family , sold in China and planned in some European countries.
- 508 (February 2011 -) sedan through .
- 2008 (April 2013 -), a small crossover .
- 3008 (April 2009 -) crossover .
- 4008 ( 2012 -) SUV
- 5008 (November 2009 -) compact MPV .
- Bipper ( 2007 -), light truck and MPV of Tofaş .
- Partner II ( 2008 -), light truck and MPV of PSA – Fiat – Karsan .
- Expert (January 2007 -), van and MPV of PSA-Fiat .
- Boxer (May 2006 -) van of PSA-Fiat .
- Hoggar ( 2009 -), Pick-up sold in South America.
- Plant Velizy where all cars are built for competition
- Plant Poissy which is built the 208 , 207
- Plant Mulhouse where the built in 2008 , 208
- Plant Sochaux which is built the 308 , 5008 , 3008
- Plant Rennes where is built the 508
- Factory Sevel Nord to Valenciennes where is built the 807 , Expert
Rest of Europe
- Factory Kaluga , joint venture Peugeot Citroen Mitsubishi Alliance: 4007, 408
- Czech Republic
- Plant Buenos Aires : 206 + (under the name 207), 308, 408
- Porto Real plant : 206 + (under the name 207) 206 Sedan (under the name 207 Passion), Hoggar, 208
- Plant Jakarta : 308
- Kaduna plant : 307
Peugeot car models
The first number is related to the position of the model in the range, the last in its generation. On the marketing , this simple idea saves Peugeot millions on advertising: when a car is called Peugeot 204 , one immediately knows she succeeds the Peugeot 203 and is in the range closer toPeugeot 104 as the Peugeot 404 . Nevertheless, there are exceptions like the 309 prior to the 306 and 307 . There is also a “jump + 2” when the 60 series there is directly moved from 605 to 607 . Peugeot introduced in the automotive field the x0y designations for its models. Thus the Porsche 901 will be marketed under the name of 911 at the request of Peugeot. In contrast, the Boeing 707 is not affected because it is not a car and because Boeing filed its part names airplane in 7×7 models.
We often find the story that it was initially integrate the hole in the crank starter motor to the model number. This trick has not yet been used on early models with central zero ( 301 , 401 and 601 ), but only on a few models that followed, 302 and 402 for example. More recently, the central zero button serves Trunk on CC 307 , 407 , 607 and 508 .
The multiplicity of models Peugeot has decided to introduce a double zero on some of its future models instead of one central zero, in order to increase the number of appointments available while maintaining an air of family designations range. At first, it seems that double zero may serve only “special” models that coexist with models with a single zero ( 107 and 1007 or 308 and 3008 for example).
More recently the Peugeot reflect the name of its upcoming models, numbering approaching ten for some (eg. Peugeot 208, Peugeot 508 etc) or else some having already existed (eg Peugeot 309). Some would have raised the idea of a return to previous numbers (eg Peugeot 201, Peugeot 301). But this seemed unlikely and could create some confusion. Others have suggested that the current Peugeot block numbers to be used as single model and this is what was actually their choice (eg Renault Clio’s I, II, III and so on Peugeot 208 will have its I, II etc..). The first issue will be that of the vehicle category, the second number is the famous central and the third number will be “8” (Chinese edition focuses happiness). It will be the same for vehicles carrying four digits. Except vehicles at low cost that will graft a “1” instead of “8”.
- 104 ( in 1972 – one thousand nine hundred and eighty-eight )
- 106 ( one thousand nine hundred and ninety-one – 2,003 )
- 107 ( two thousand and five – two thousand and fourteen )
- 108 (since 2014 )
200 series, small models
- 201 ( 1929 – in 1937 )
- 202 ( one thousand nine hundred thirty-eight – 1,949 )
- 203 ( one thousand nine hundred and forty-eight – 1,960 )
- 204 ( in 1965 – one thousand nine hundred and seventy-six )
- 205 ( one thousand nine hundred eighty-three – 1998 )
Peugeot first “broad shoulders”, 205 could accommodate engines of 0.9 liter to 1.9 liter displacement and 45 hp to 130 hp allowing it to meet all customer demands of the day .
- 206 ( 1,998 – 2012 )
- S16/GTI Peugeot 206 ( 1999 – 2005 ) first sports version (137 hp), successor to the 205 GTI.
- 206 GT ( 1999 ) Limited to 4,000 copies series based on S16 for the approval of the WRC in the World Rally Championship.
- 206 SW ( 2002 – 2007 ) break
- 206 CC ( 2000 – 2007 ) coupe – cabriolet
- 206 RC ( 2003 – 2006 ) of the range sports version (177 hp)
- 206 Sedan (since 2006 ) 4-door (in some countries)
- 206 + ( 2009 – 2012 ). 206 restyled for the second time and wearing a typical 207 + 206 The grille is called Peugeot 207 and Peugeot 207 Compact ), Latin America.
- 207 ( 2006 – two thousand and fourteen )
- 208 (since 2012 ).
300 Series compact sedan
- 301 ( 1932 – 1937 )
- 302 ( 1 936 – one thousand nine hundred and thirty-eight )
- 304 ( one thousand nine hundred and sixty-nine – one thousand nine hundred and eighty )
- 305 ( in 1977 – one thousand nine hundred and eighty-eight )
- 309 ( 1985 – 1993 ) extended the 205 designed to be the successor version Talbot Horizon under the name Arizona , it will be integrated into the Peugeot range in the disappearance of Talbot, hence its non-chronological surname to 09.
- 306 ( 1 993 – 2,002 ) replacement for the 309 . It will come in 3, 4 and 5-door, wagon and convertible.
- 307 (since 2001 ), still produced in China
- 308 ( in 2007 – 2013 )
- 308 II (since September 2013)
- 301 (since 2012 ): notchback sedan of 4.44 m in length for emerging and overseas departments.
Series 400 family sedans
- 401 ( 1 934 – one thousand nine hundred and thirty-five )
- 402 ( one thousand nine hundred thirty-eight – one thousand nine hundred and forty-eight )
- 403 ( one thousand nine hundred and fifty-five – 1,966 ) (the car Lieutenant Columbo in the version cabriolet )
- 404 ( 1.96 thousand – 1978 ; 1989 in Kenya)
- 405 ( 1987 – 1997 ) successor to the 305 whose most muscular versions were the 405 and especially 405 Mi16 T16. The 405 is still produced in Iran.
- 406 ( 1995 – 2,004 )
- 407 ( 2 004 – 2.01 thousand )
- 408 (since 2010 ). It is a 308 box 4.68 m long, for China and Latin America.
- 408 (since 2014 ). It is a 308 II box 4.77 m long, for China and some European countries.
500 Series family road
- 504 ( 1,968 – 1,983 ; 2005 in Kenya)
- 505 ( 1979 – 1997 ). The sporty version developed in collaboration with Porsche and Danielson was 505 Turbo Injection.
- 508 (since 2011 ).
600 series main road
- 601 ( 1 934 – one thousand nine hundred and thirty-five )
- 604 ( 1,975 – 1985 )
- 605 ( 1,989 – 1999 )
- 607 ( 2 000 – 2.01 thousand )
800 Series, MPV models or high
- 802 – unreleased version of the Peugeot 402 with V8 engine. This concept dates back to 1936 but the project was abandoned.
- 806 ( 1994 – 2,002 )
- 807 ( 2002 – two thousand and fourteen )
900 Series competition
- 905 endurance race, winning the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1992 and 1993 .
- 907 concept of super car of 2005
- 908 with a diesel V12 open 100 ° 5.5 liters displacement participated in the 2007 edition of the 24 Hours of Le Mans and won the 2009 edition with a double.
- 908 with a diesel V8 open to 90 ° 3.7-liter displacement, output in 2011
Series 1000, City enhanced
2000 series, crossover
3000 Series crossover
4000 Series SUV
- 4002 ( in 2003 ) concept car unveiled at Frankfurt with nods to the grille of the 402 .
- 4007 ( 2 007 – in 2012 ) First SUV brand. It is designed in partnership with Mitsubishi and twin Citroen C-Crosser. It is produced in Japan . It is sold with a diesel engine house, the 2.2-liter HDI 156 hp ( 160 hp for the Citroën).
- 4008 (since 2012 ) Second SUV brand. It is designed based on the Mitsubishi ASX and twin of Citroën C4 Aircross . It is produced in Japan.
5000 Series compact MPV
- 5008 (since September 2009 ), MPV 5 or 7 seats in addition to the 3008 , the 308 SW and the 807 in the range of the Peugeot family.
6000 series, upscale SUV
- Peugeot 6008 project for the end of 2014
- RCZ (since 2010 ), cut on the basis of 308 .
- iOn (since 2010 ), electric city car clone of the Mitsubishi i-MiEV .
- Peugeot Hoggar (since 2010 ), pick-up for Brazil.
Light commercial vehicles
- Peugeot Q3A (1948 – 1950)
- Peugeot D3 (1950-1965)
- Peugeot D4 (1950-1965)
- Peugeot J7 (1965 – 1980)
- Peugeot J9 (1981-1991)
- Peugeot J5 , utility similar to the Citroën C 25 Talbot Express, Fiat Ducato and (old model) (1981-1993)
- Expert , utility similar to the Citroën Jumpy and Fiat Scudo (1995-2006)
- Boxer ( 1994 -), similar utilities to Citroën Jumper and Fiat Ducato
- Partner ( 1997 -2011), similar utility to Citroën Berlingo
- Peugeot Bipper (October 2007), utility similar to Fiat Fiorino Qubo and Citroen Nemo
- Peugeot Expert II (2006 -)
- Peugeot Partner II (2008 -)
- P4 military 4×4 based on the mercedes G
Experimental cars ( Concept cars )
- The N4X 402 (1936): aerodynamic prototype
- Taxi H4 (1972): based on Peugeot 104 , produced by Heuliez
- The Peugette (1976): based on Peugeot 104
- Vera (1981): based on Peugeot 305
- Vera Plus (1985): based on Peugeot 309
- The Quasar (1984) and Proxima (1986): two futuristic concept cars non-rolling
- The Oxia (1988): prototype coupe “Gran Turismo High Performance”, with a 24-valve 6-cylinder engine 680 hp at 8200 rev / min, operated by four wheel drive and steering.
- The Ion (1994) and Tulip (1996) concept of electric cars
- The Asphalt (1996): two-seater racing car whose characteristic is its single rear wheel.
- The Touareg (1996) all-terrain vehicle leisure electric propulsion.
- La Toscana 406 (1996): convertible
- The 806 Runabout (1997): pick-up
- The Nautilus (1997) luxury concept car presented in the Peugeot dealership in Champs-Élysées in Paris .
- The Heart 20 (1998): roadster 206
- The Getaway 206 (1998): break 3 doors 206
- The Crisalys (1998) also called Orienlys, design study conducted by Sbarro
- The 306 HDi shooting brake (1999): break 3 doors 306
- The 607 Feline (2000) sports roadster upscale incorporating elements of 607
- The 607 Paladine (2000): limousine based on 607
- City Toys (2000) concept of urban cars
- The Prometheus (2000) concept announcing 307
- The Caméléo 307 (2001): pick-up on the basis of 307
- The Moonster (2000) concept car made from the drawing winner of a design competition.
- The RC (2002): cut
- The Sesame (2002) concept announcing the 1007
- The Peugeot H2O (2002), fire brigade operating with a hydrogen fuel cell.
- The Peugeot Hoggar Buggy (2003) concept of any land whose name was revived in 2010 for a pick-up based on 206 + Brazil.
- The 407 Elixir (2003): Announcing the concept 407
- The Peugeot 4002 (in 2003): second edition of the Peugeot Design Contest
- The Peugeot Quark (2004) concept with a fuel cell
- The Peugeot Moovie (2005): third edition of the Peugeot Design Contest
- The 20Cup (2005): “trays” three-wheeled sports
- The 908 RC (2006) concept presented at the World Motor étrennant Paris 2006 V12 diesel engine of the Peugeot 908 HDi FAP
- The RC Concept (2008): Hybrid concept car presented at the Mondial de l’Automobile in Paris in 2008
- The RD Concept (2009) concept car whose specificity is the ingenious joint system that gives it a roadholding
- The BB1 (2009): a 4-seater electric city car
- The SR1 (2010) concept car roadster 48
- The 5 by Peugeot (2010) concept announcing 508
- The EX1 (2010) record vehicle powered by electric motor
- The HR1 (2010): small crossover to the original opening doors
- The SXC (2011): crossover larger in HR1
- The HX1 (2011) unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show 2011
- The Urban Crossover Concept (2012) unveiled at the Beijing Motor Show 2012
- The Onyx (2012) unveiled at the Paris Motor Show 2012 Paris
- The Exalt (2014) unveiled at the Beijing Motor Show 2014
In 1988 , the Peugeot Adventure Museum was founded by the Peugeot family on its historical industrial site Sochaux in Franche-Comté with over 100,000 visitors per year, 450 vehicles a hundred presentations, including 300 cycles and motorcycles fifty presentations 3000 items stamped with the brand, 45,000 m² of which 10,000 m² exhibition open to the public and more than5 km of archives.
From 1932 , a Peugeot 201 participates in Rally Monte Carlo. In 1950, the rally of the 1000 Finnish lakes fall into the hands Sochaux in 1953 (Peugeot 203) and 1955 (403) by Eino Elo. In 1960, the brand won the East African Safari Rally four times (see charts Peugeot 404). The 504 , who won twice with Ove Andersson and Jean-Pierre Nicolas , also illustrate the winning rallies Bandama of Morocco, of Kenya , the Zaire and the championship of Côte d’Ivoire in the hands of Alain Ambrosino . In total, Peugeot won four times Bandama Rally (see charts Peugeot 504 ). In 1996 , a 106 also won the Rally of Côte d’Ivoire .
Peugeot dominated the world championship rallies with the Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Group B who won world titles builders and drivers in 1985 (Timo Salonen) and 1986 (Juha Kankkunen).Brand retires with the removal of the category of Group B. In 1983, 1984 and 1990, the 505 won the African Rally Championship .
Peugeot returned to rally in the WRC championship in late 1998. Brand three times won the manufacturer championship in 2000, 2001, 2002 and twice in the drivers’ championship in 2000 and 2002 with Marcus Grönholm. In 2004, the 206 WRC gives way to the 307 WRC which fails to do as well. At the end of 2004, Peugeot announced its withdrawal from competition at the end of the season in 2005 .
In 1987, when the Group B disappears, it is the turn of the Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 desired by Jean Todt, head of Peugeot Talbot Sport, come to write the history of the brand in Africa after the victories of 404 and 504. In addition to other tests, Peugeot will win the Paris-Dakar four times. In 1987, victory of the Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 Grand Raid Ari Vatanen and Bernard Giroux . In 1988, it is one of Juha Kankkunen and Juha Piironen right thing.Then in 1989, it is with the Peugeot 405 Turbo 16 that carries the brand doubled ( 1 re place for Ari Vatanen / Bruno Berglund ) and in 1990 the triple (1 re place for Ari Vatanen /Bernard Giroux).
Peugeot had its heyday in the 24 Hours of Le Mans in the editions in 1992 and 1993, with the Peugeot 905. In 1992, the 905 Evo 1a n o 1 (Yannick Dalmas / Mark Blundell / Derek Warwick) won the race, while as n o 2 finished third. In 1993, the tripled, the winner being the car n o 3 driven byEric Hélary, Geoff Brabham and Christophe Bouchut. Peugeot also won the drivers title and team in 1992 world championship sports car.
When editing in 2005, Peugeot announced its new technological challenge: to win the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2007 with a car powered by a HDi, equipped with particulate filter (DPF), the 908. Finally, the team up one of his two cars in second place, just behind one of the three Audi R10. She also won the title Le Mans Series 2007.
The following seasons will be an Audi victory at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 2008 while 908 finished second, third and fifth. A victory for Peugeot in2009 thanks to a double car number 9 and 8 and an Audi victory in 2010 with the abandonment of three 908 incurred. In parallel, Peugeot won again in 2010 the Le Mans Series and the 12 Hours of Sebring and Petit Le Mans .
In 2011, the Peugeot n o 9 driven by Simon Pagenaud , Sebastien Bourdais and Pedro Lamy fails in second place in 13.854 seconds the Audi n o 2, the only survivor of the German mark.The other two official Peugeot eventually third and fourth ahead of the Peugeot loaned to team Oreca Matmut. Peugeot also won that year the Intercontinental Le Mans Cup drivers side and manufacturers side by winning all races but one, the 24 Hours of Le Mans.
Through a statement issued on 18 January 2012, Peugeot announced its decision to stop Endurance with immediate effect, and therefore do not run the new World Endurance Championship in 2012 or the 24 Hours of Le Mans 2012.
From 1912, Georges Boillot, Jules Goux, Arthur Duray, and Paolo Zuccarelli form the Peugeot team Grands Prix. Within a small autonomous structure based in the Paris region and nicknamed “The Charlatans” by the technicians of the factory Peugeot (themselves using the term “Wizards” them) is designed with the revolutionary Peugeot L76 for the first time ever double camshaft in head and four valves per cylinder (mainly due to pencil stroke Swiss engineer Ernest Henry). The Grand Prix ACF 1912 in Dieppe won by Boillot average of 110.26 km/ h among the many victories of the car, the most famous of them being that of Goux the United States in 1913 in the Indianapolis 500 before Dario Resta 1916, which also won the Vanderbilt Cup in 1915 and 1916, still on Peugeot) and Howdy Wilcox (1919) bringing to three the success of the brand in the test. In 1916 Johnny Aitken wins Harvest Auto Racing Classic still in Indianapolis, AAA Champ Car.
Peugeot was also present without great success as an engine supplier in Formula 1 from 1994 to 2000 , including equipping teams McLaren (1994),Jordan (1995 to 1997) and Prost Grand Prix (1998 to 2000). To make matters worse, the best result in F1 during the first season with Jordan in 1995 Canadian GP (Jordan Peugeot 2 e and 3 e) has been completely overshadowed by the fact that France was also that day’s first victory, and the only one of Jean Alesi, a French on Ferrari . Bad luck also, the team Jordan won his first GP in the year following the departure of Peugeot as motorist. Finally, the Peugeot engines have obtained fourteen podiums in F1, five second places.
In the early 1910s, the eldest brother Boillot won three times the hill climb of Mont Ventoux. A few decades later, Pikes Peak, the Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 of Ari Vatanen fails somewhat in 1987, but the Finn wins in 1988 at the wheel of the Peugeot 405 Turbo 16. On this same car, Robby Unser wins in1989. In 2013 Sébastien Loeb wins the wheel of the Peugeot 208 T16.
Peugeot has been present in the touring car championships, winning several titles in the 1990s in France and a championship title in Germany.Peugeot was also present in other countries through importers ( UK , Denmark , Brazil …), with more or less success.
If the Peugeot brand is known for its “mills” (as slang to describe engines) cars, the firm also stood for over one hundred and sixty years in the manufacture of domestic mills: coffee grinder , mills in salt and pepper , to nutmeg … (become objects collectors highly sought) displayed and sold atthe Peugeot Adventure Museum in Sochaux in Franche-Comté . Peugeot at mealtime: Many restaurants around the world offer their table a pepperPeugeot. (See some photos … ). These mills are now manufactured by Peugeot PSP with headquarters and main factory are Quingey (Doubs).
Working with the best equipment of its time (Simplex derailleurs, Rigida rims, crankset Stronglight double plates, brakes mafac-Racer center pull), Peugeot sells high quality bicycles and beautiful Half-Course Type PL8 10-speed 1976 lightweight steel frame of the Lion brand symbolizes quality French and the dream of all teens this time.
Peugeot is also a major sponsor of the first cycling champions, and so won nine Tours de France, before finally retiring squads in 1989, after100 years of presence at the highest level.
Peugeot also produced cycles under brand “secondary” or as Griffon Aiglon (brand created in 1902 by Mr. Debarelle at Argenteuil, and acquired by Peugeot in 1922).
- Peugeot BB
- Peugeot 101
- Peugeot 102
- Peugeot 103 from 1972 to the present day, with different models (MVL, SP, Land, Chrono, Electronics, TLX, RCX, Clip, Vogue, FXR, CRX and many others)
- Peugeot 104
- Peugeot 105
Following the abandonment of mopeds in favor of scooters by customers, Peugeot has directed its construction to this product. The brand achieved some of its manufacturing site Mandeure(500 employees). She has developed large displacement scooters ( 125cc and above), in addition to its entry-level models (Ludix), which it announced from 2008 relocation to China 57 .Peugeot scooters are mainly prevalent in Switzerland and France.
In 1930, Peugeot took control ‘of Automoto who was a pioneer in the field of motorcycles and scooters.
It is unusual to see circulate motorcycles brand outside France. Mopeds of 50 cc are widespread in France for several reasons: national nature of the market, prices slightly lower than the competition, equipment motorcycles AM6 engine Minarelli , like many other manufacturers, which facilitates repairs and lowers their prices. The price opportunities is significantly lower than most manufacturers, which causes an energizing effect for the market.
Before the famous XP6 and XPS , which appeared in 1997, motorcycles 50cc bore the name of XP dating back to 1986 (automatic motorcycle?) and TLX 1982. Alternative models of higher displacement existed in 1985, as the 125 XLC, but it remains today more than XPS CT 125 (of 125 cm ³ ).
Other models rating: GL10, GT10, TSA, TLX, XP, SX5, SX8, BB P107 TYPE 55.