|Founded||1859 in Liège, Belgium|
|Founder(s)||Émile Nagant, Léon Nagant|
|References: Major contributors to the design of the Mosin-Nagant service rifle by Russia and then by the USSR|
Émile (born 1830) and Léon (born 1833) Nagant were brothers, and probably best known for their important contributions to the design of the Mosin-Nagant Russian service rifle, adopted in 1891. This introduction to the Tsar‘s military administration led to the adoption, in 1895, of the Nagant M1895 revolver as their standard-issue sidearm. By this time, Émile’s progressive blindness had led to his withdrawal from the firm which had been renamed “L. Nagant & Cie, Liège.”
Later, the firm moved to the manufacture of automobiles; Nagant made cars under licence of the French firm Rochet-Schneider. Nagant cars were made from 1900 to 1927 or 1928. The firm was taken over by Impéria in 1931.
1907 Nagant Monte Carlo
1909 Nagant Type D 14slash16-HP