|Traded as||BM&F Bovespa: POMO3,POMO4|
|Headquarters||Caxias do Sul, Brazil|
|Area served||the Americas, Western Europe, South Africa, India, Australia, New Zealand|
|Key people||Paulo Bellini, (Chairman)
Jose Rubens De La Rosa,(CEO)
|Products||Intercity, Urban, Micro and Mini Buses|
|Revenue||US$ 2.0 billion (2012)|
|Net income||US$ 147.5 million (2012)|
New Flyer Industries (19.99%)
Tata Marcopolo (49%)
Marcopolo S.A. (BM&F Bovespa:Marcopolo) is a Brazilian bus manufacturer founded on August 6, 1949, in the southern Brazilian city of Caxias do Sul, state of Rio Grande do Sul. The company manufactures the bodies for a whole range of coaches, e.g. microbus, intercity and touring coach. Marcopolo produces over half of the bus bodies made in Brazil and exports its coaches to more than 60 countries.
Currently Marcopolo has four plants in Brazil and plants in Argentina, Australia, Colombia, India, Mexico, and South Africa, in addition to the technology that will be transferred to China. Recently it announced a joint-venture with Tata Motors to enter the Indian market. Marcopolo closed its plant in Portugal in September 2009.
Marcopolo was founded as Nicola & Cia Ltda, a company then having 8 partners and 15 employees. The production was entirely handmade.
In 1953, Marcopolo starts the production of the first steel structures.
- Ciferal – focuses on urban operations,
- Volare – dedicated to the development, production and commercialization of the V5, V6, V8, W8, and W9 models of the School bus, Municipal, Tourism/Freight, Easy Access and Mobile Unit sectors.
- Tata Marcopolo Bus (Joint venture with Tata Motors in India)
- MVC – which started its activities operating in the automotive industry and gradually broadened its operations, introducing its plastic products to the light industry and infra-structure markets, etc.
- Moneo – the financial service unit of Marcopolo.
- Volgren – is an Australian bodywork company owned by Marcopolo.
Products – Marcopolo division
- Ideale 770
- Andare Class
- Viaggio series
- Paradiso series
- Viale series
- Ideale 600
Iguazu Falls National Park Bus by Marcopolo
Marcopolo TATA AC BusesTata Marcopolo CNG Hybrid bus in MumbaiThere is a lot more to find about Marcopolo, but I think it’s enouphYou can watch the blogs about Agrale, Ciferal, New Flyer Industries, and in the future also Tata, Volkswagen, Volgren